A low carb and low sugar version of the traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie, these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delightful little treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt.
In a blink of an eye, we are now in our last week of online/home based learning. This is it. Bella will officially be done with 5th grade and Jamie with 1st grade. Time really flew by. We have been living this new normal for the past 8 weeks now. And even though I know it has been difficult for my kids, more so Bella than Jamie, they have been superb! They do what they are supposed to do when it comes to homeschooling, they help around a lot with house chores and I think we definitely appreciate each other more. I know I do.
We are spending so much of our waking hours together since they haven't been going to school. And that means cooking 3 meals a day, everyday! And I haven't even included the crazy amount of snacks these kids need! While I do stock the pantry with store bought cookies, chips and other snacks, Kian is always trying to encourage us to not consume so much snacks that has added sugar. But this mama here sometimes have sweet cravings too.
So, these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are a great substitute. It is low in carbs because it is flourless. Almond flour aka almond meal is not type of flour actually. It is basically ground blanched almonds. I used Monk Fruit Blend as a sugar substitute and because everyone is baking at home during this pandemic, sugar free chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips were out of stock. So, I had to used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead. But you can absolutely make this a flourless and sugar free recipe if the ingredients are available to you.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
1 cup Almond Flour or Almond Meal (finely ground)
2 tbsp Monk Fruit Blend
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Almond Milk
4 tbsp Chocolate Chips (of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the almond flour, monk fruit blend, salt, baking soda and xantham gum very well together.
3. Dissolve the coconut oil in the microwave in short cooking times (20-30 seconds) until it is in a liquid form.
4. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough is formed. If it is too dry, you may add another 1/2-1 tbsp of almond milk.
5. Shape the dough into round cookies and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10-15 minute as they will be very soft and delicate when first taken out of the oven. The cookies will firm up once cooled.
Makes 10 small cookies.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.