A favorite quinoa dish of mine that is made simply with a handful of ingredients. Healthy and extremely versatile, you can enjoy it as a side or as a meal on its own.
The last couple of weeks had been rough on our family. Seasonal allergies were on an all time high in Houston for us, and everyone in our household has been dealing with some really bad allergy symptoms. From extremely congested noses to itchy and watery eyes that later developed to fevers and asthmatic symptoms. It has gotten so bad for us that both Bella and Jamie had to stay home from school for a few days.
While caring for sick children at home, I found that this Smoked Salmon Quinoa Bowl recipe, that I actually make all year long, came in really handy. A fresh and easy salad that can be enjoyed as a meal or as a side. Deliciously simple, packed with flavor and lots of fresh vegetables, this is the perfect easy lunch or dinner.
Smoked Salmon Quinoa Bowl
by Miss Crumbs A lot
1 Cup Dry Quinoa
1 Cucumber (peeled, cored and diced)
1 Avocado (peeled and diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
15 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
3 tbsp Shallots (finely diced)
1 15.5 oz Canned Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Juice of 2 Limes
1 1/2 tsp Dill Weed
Salt & Pepper
Smoked Salmon (or any other protein of choice)
1. Run cold water over 1 cup of dry quinoa in a fine-meshed strainer.
2. In a 1 1/2 qt pot, add in 1 cup of rinsed quinoa and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 min or until all water is absorbed.
4. Fluff gently with a fork and allow it to cool slightly.
5. Gently toss the cooked quinoa with diced cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, shallots, black beans, olive oil, juice of 2 limes, dill weed and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Top with smoked salmon or any other protein of choice and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.