Make this classic Banana Bread recipe whenever you have overly ripe bananas hanging around in your kitchen!
Does this happen to your family a lot too? Whenever I buy bananas for the family, nobody eats them and then they get overly ripe, just hanging around in the kitchen. And when I don't buy any bananas, my family asks me for them. I never seem to be able to catch the wave. :)
So, having a couple of recipes that would use up these overly ripe bananas comes in handy. One of my family's favorite is Cekodok Pisang (Fried Banana Balls). They're lovely as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Some other recipes that I'd make with bananas are "Old School" Banana Cake or for a simple breakfast option, Gula Melaka Banana Pancakes.
This time around, I decided to make a Banana Bread instead. It is a basic recipe that you can build upon and customize to your own liking. I only had 3 bananas left and it still turned out great. However, I am certain you can add up to 5 or 6 bananas if you have that many. Both Bella and Jamie enjoyed the bread for breakfast and sometimes for afternoon tea too.
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from All Recipes
2 cups All Purpose Flour (sifted)
3/4 cup Pure Cane Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
3 to 6 Overly Ripe Bananas (mashed)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs and mashed bananas, mix until well combined.
4. Gently stir in sifted flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
5. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or when a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf. Cool slightly before removing from pan to slice and serve.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.