Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry, a classic Chinese recipe that is quick & easy to make and taste so much better than take out!
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry over piping hot white rice is a frequent dish in our household. There is nothing better than a tasty stir fry for dinner. So quick and easy to prepare, it is an added bonus to any home cooked meal. While I prefer to use a wok to prepare stir fries, a frying pan will work just fine. This stir fry combines beef and broccoli in a flavorful sauce made with Chinese cooking wine, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil. Feel feel to substitute shrimp, pork or chicken for the beef, if desired.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
1 lb Beef Chuck Roast or Tenderloin (thinly sliced)
14 oz Broccoli Florets
1 Red Bell Pepper (finely diced)
1 oz Ginger (thinly sliced)
3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
1/2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1. Marinate beef slices in light soy sauce, cornstarch and white pepper powder. Set aside.
2. Prepare the sauce by combining the oyster sauce, sesame oil, Chinese cooking wine and light soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Stir fry the ginger slices until they are golden brown and fragrant.
4. Add in chopped garlic and marinated beef slices. Continue stir frying until the meat is about half cooked.
5. Add in broccoli florets and diced red bell peppers. Continue stir frying until the meat is almost cooked.
6. Add in the sauce and mix well. Drizzle over 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Simmer covered for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
7. Serve with or over white rice.
Makes 4 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.