Beef Satay, a marinated beef skewer that is so delectable that you will be the hostess the mostest if you serve this at your party.
Beef Satay was an excellent choice for Jamie's 3rd birthday this past summer. The beef was marinated in some really simple asian seasoning and it turned out amazing. The meat was flavorful and tender; both adults & kids loved the dish.
Satay is a dish of seasoned skewered grilled meat that is serve with a sauce, mainly peanut sauce. Originating from Java, Indonesia, it is also a very popular dish in Singapore at the hawker centers. I remember as children, my brother and I would always ask our late Godfather to get Satay for supper.
These meat skewers are so tasty and easy to prepare, it would be a great dish for parties. You can use beef tenderloin or flanks, although I prefer the former.
by Miss Crumbs-A-Lot
1 1/2 lbs Beef Tenderloin
2 oz Ginger (finely minced)
10 cloves Garlic (finely minced)
3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Cut beef tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick long strips, about 3 inch long.
2. Place beef strips in a Ziploc bag and marinate with minced ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, white pepper powder and sesame oil. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15-30 min. This prevents the skewers from burning when you grill them.
4. Skewer the beef strips and grill over med/hi heat. You may use your outdoor gas/charcoal grill, or a grill pan over your stovetop.
5. Serve hot with peanut sauce, if desired.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.