Cantonese Minced Beef with Egg over Rice, the ultimate comfort food that is so quick and easy to make, it is a weeknight dinner must have.
Cantonese Minced Beef with Egg over Rice. This is literally one of the quickest and simplest one dish meal that is so delicious at the same time. Definitely a regular week night dinner for us, this dish can be whipped up in 30 minutes.
Just like my Chicken Donburi recipe, it is a hearty one dish meal in a bowl. Simply cook some rice, stir fry the minced beef with a simple mix of seasoning and ingredients, top it onto your rice in a bowl and crack a raw egg over the piping hot rice and minced beef. Stir in the egg and enjoy! If preferred, soft boiled eggs may be used. For a low carb and high protein version, we simple replace the rice with white cannellini beans.
Cantonese Minced Beef with Egg over Rice
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from The MeatMen SG
16 oz Minced Beef
1/2 Yellow Onion (finely diced)
1/4 cup Green Peas
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine (Shao Xing or Hua Tiao)
1 tsp Sesame oil
1/8 tsp White Pepper Powder
2 tsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
2 cups Cooked Rice
1. Marinate minced beef with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, white pepper powder and cornstarch for 30 minutes.
2. Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add in diced onions and stir fry until they are translucent and fragrant.
3. Add in marinated minced beef and stir fry, breaking up with meat.
4. Drizzle water over the meat and mix well, allowing the sauce to thicken.
5. Stir in green peas.
6. Spoon the minced beef mixture over rice in a bowl and crack an egg on top.
7. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.