Caramelized Chicken, a simple recipe made with a handful of ingredients has amazing flavors of garlic and ginger that will make your kitchen smell so amazing!
Caramelized Chicken, one of our all time favorite dish that my mom makes, which is also extremely easy to prepare. My mom is in town for the holidays and it has been a real treat for all of us at home. Bella & Jamie are having a ball spending quality time with their Granny. Like me, my mom loves to cook too. She is a great cook and I always enjoy learning her recipes as well as exploring new ones with her.
Caramelized Chicken is a simple 6-ingredient recipe that can be whipped up in no time. The sauce is extremely appetizing, very fragrant and flavorful - so tasty that all you need is white rice and a huge appetite.
by Miss Crumbs-A-Lot
1 Whole Chicken (approx. 5 lb)
10 cloves Garlic
3 oz Ginger
120 ml Honey
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Oil
1. Remove excess fat from chicken and cut into medium sized chunks.
2. Skin ginger, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, lightly smash each piece and set aside.
3. Peel garlic, lightly smash each clove and set aside.
4. Mix honey, fish sauce and soy sauce in a bowl and set aside.
5. Heat oil and stir fry ginger and garlic until golden brown and fragrant.
6. Add chicken pieces and continue stir frying for 2 to 3 min or until chicken pieces are slightly brown.
7. Add sauce and simmer covered on high heat for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
8. At this point, the sauce should be slightly thickened, lower heat to medium and continue simmering uncovered for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
9. Once sauce is thick and sticky, glazing the chicken, it is ready. If sauce is too dry, you may add 1 to 2 tbsp water.
10. Serve warm with rice, if desired.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.