Chicken Fajita Soup, a slow cooker recipe that is wholesome, comforting and healthy.
Chicken Fajita Soup has all the fragrant aromas of a sizzling fajita but in a wholesome soup instead. Warm and comforting, this slow cooker recipe is extremely quick and easy to prepare. Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and just simply let it do its job! At the end of the day, you will get a complete meal in a bowl! You can even add in more vegetables like celery, zuchinni or yellow squash, if preferred.
Kian and I have been on our Slow Carb Diet (derived from Tim Ferris's book "The 4-Hour Body) for almost 8 months now and we are still on it. This Chicken Fajita Soup recipe is perfect for our diet. It is low in carbohydrates, gluten free and I believe paleo and Whole30 friendly as well. Even Bella and Jamie enjoys this soup immensely.
Chicken Fajita Soup
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
2 lbs Chicken Breast (approx. 3 pieces of chicken breast)
40 oz Chicken Stock
1 14 oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 medium Orange Bell Pepper (diced)
1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
1 medium Yellow Onion (diced)
3 medium Carrots (cut diagonally)
8 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
1 portion Taco Seasoning (get recipe here)
1. Prepare taco seasoning as instructed here and set aside.
2. Place chicken breast at the bottom of the slow cooker pot. Then place petite diced tomatoes, diced orange & yellow bell peppers, onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic on top of it.
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning all over and pour in chicken stock.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
5. Once ready, remove cooked chicken breast and shred the meat using two forks. Place shredded chicken breast back into slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve.
6. Top with chopped cilantro before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.