Chicken Lettuce Wraps so flavorful and appetizing that you'd forget how easy to make and healthy it actually is.
Kian and I have been on Tim Ferriss's "Slow Carb Diet" for 3 months now and it has been going really well for the both of us. I have lost 13 lbs in total and I am currently maintaining the weight loss with exercise as well. I love how we are making good choices with our meals now but still get to enjoy (with whatever we want to eat) once a week on our cheat days. Not to mention also, how I fit so much better in my clothes now. Goodbye, muffin top!
I found this "Chicken Lettuce Wraps" recipe online that I tweaked slightly to fit into our diet. I do not have to make separate meals for the children as they can have it with rice while we have it with lettuce. It uses a slow cooker so it is easy to prepare and dinner will be ready for you at the end of the day.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from "The Comfort of Cooking"
2 lbs Minced Chicken
2 Red Bell Pepper (cored and finely diced)
1 Yellow Onion (finely diced)
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 cup Hoisin Sauce
4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 oz Ginger (minced)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Spring Onions (thinly sliced for garnishing)
1 head Butter Lettuce (rinsed and dried)
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a wok and stir fry minced chicken, breaking up the meat into small chunks, until it is no longer pink.
2. Drain off the liquid and transfer the meat into the slow cooker.
3. Add in red bell pepper, onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, light soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Cook on low for 2 hours or until the chicken is tender.
5. Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice or lettuce.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.