Chilli Crab on Deviled Eggs
Chilli Crab on Deviled Eggs - packed with such amazing flavors that it will take the basic deviled eggs to another level!
Chilli Crab on Deviled Eggs, another variation of the Singapore Chilli Crab recipe that I had made. With this flavorful crab dish, I made Chilli Crab Tacos the last time. Sweet, savory and slightly spicy, it goes really well on deviled eggs.
Click Here for Chilli Crab Tacos Recipe
Chilli Crab on Deviled Eggs
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
1 lbs Fresh Crab Meat
2 1/2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Fermented Black Bean Paste
2 1/2 tbsp Oil
1/2 cup Water
1 Eggs (beaten)
2 1/2 oz Shallots
4 cloves Garlic
2 1/2 oz Red Chillies (seeded)
5 Dried Chilles (rehydrated)
1/2 stalk Lemongrass (white portion only)
1 1/2 Chilli Padi (seeded)
3 Candle Nuts
1 slice Dried Galangal (optional - available on Amazon.com) (rehydrated)
1/2 Green Lime
1 tbsp Belachan (Dried Shrimp Paste)
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
1/2 cup Japanese Mayonnaise
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1. Place eggs in a pot and fill it with water until it covers the eggs. Bring it to a boil, remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 min. Remove the eggs from the hot water, cool under cold running water and peel.
2. Cut each egg in half lengthwise and place the egg yolks in a food processor. Add mayonnaise, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Process until smooth.
3. Spoon or pipe (in a piping bag) yolk mixture into egg whites. Set aside.
4. In a food processor, blend seeded red chillies, rehydrated dried chillies, rehydrated galangal, shallots, garlics, lemongrass, candle nuts, seeded chilli padi and lime juice into a smooth paste.
5. Toast the belachan in a wok, breaking it up into small pieces.
6. Add in the chilli paste and 2 1/2 tbsp of oil. Stir fry until it is fragrant.
7. Add fermented black bean paste, sugar, salt and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
8. Add 1/2 cup of hot water and simmer for 8 to 10 min, covered.
9. Add in crab meat and mix well.
10. Bring it back to a boil and add in beaten eggs. Mix well.
11. Place on top of deviled eggs.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
4/12/2017 09:00:13 pm
Wow! What interesting "deviled eggs"! Lots of ingredients, some of which I'm not familiar with, but I bet these are really good!
Miss Crumbs A Lot
4/12/2017 09:13:30 pm
Thank you for your compliment, Maribeth! Don't let the long list of ingredient deter you from trying this recipe. Most of the ingredients will be available at an Asian supermarket (if there is one if your area) or on Amazon.com!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.