Chinese 5-Spice Roasted Chicken, a simple recipe that has minimal preparations, but packs in a load of flavor!
Chinese 5-Spice Roasted Chicken is what you'll want if you are looking for an easy recipe for dinner tonight! You simply combine the ingredients together in one pan for a complete meal which does not require any extra work. Cleaning up after is easy too as it leaves you with just one pan to wash after the meal.
Sometimes, Kian travels for work or is not able to make it home for dinner with us. So, with Bella's and Jamie's busy schedule and after school activities, I make one dish meals quite a few times in a week. These meals are simple enough to be prepared in a snap for weeknight dinners but special enough for guests as well.
Chinese 5-Spice Roasted Chicken
by Miss Crumbs a Lot, inspired by "chowhound.com"
4 pieces Chicken Thighs (deboned)
5 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Shallot (minced)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Chinese 5-Spice Powder
4 tsp Soy Sauce
4 tsp Fish Sauce
1 1/2 tsp Honey
1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1 head of Broccoli (cut into bite sizes)
8 oz White Mushrooms (quartered)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/8 tsp White Pepper Powder
1. Remove excess fat from chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Mix garlic, shallot, black pepper powder, Chinese 5-spice powder, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey and olive oil in a large bowl.
3. Add chicken pieces to the marinate and rub it in. Transfer into a Ziploc bag and marinate overnight.
4. Toss broccoli and mushrooms in sesame oil, soy sauce and white pepper powder. Set aside.
5. Heat very lightly greased cast iron pan. Brown the chicken pieces for about 2 min on each side and remove from heat.
6. Top with broccoli and mushrooms.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 min.
8. Serve with white rice or noodles, if desired.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.