Chinese Char Siu Pork (Pot Roast Style), a popular way to prepare and barbecue pork in Cantonese Cuisine - So easy to make at home.
Chinese Char Siu Pork (Pot Roast Style), an extremely simple and easy to make recipe. Char Siu, which literally means "fork roast", is a popular way to flavor and prepare barbecue pork in Chinese cuisine. Traditionally, long strips of marinated pork is skewered and cooked in an oven or over a fire.
In Singapore, slices of Char Siu is often served with rice, drizzled with a sweet gravy. It is also served as one of the toppings for Wonton Noodles. Or it is chopped up and made into meat filling for dim sum buns.
In this recipe, the pork is cooked pot roast style, slowly over low heat to ensure the meat is tender and flavorful. The recipe is simple and may be used with pork ribs or even pork belly.
Chinese Char Siu Pork (Pot Roast Style)
by Miss Crumbs-A-Lot
2 1/2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
6 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 tsp Oyster Sauce
4 tbsp Sugar
4 tsp Light Soy Sauce
4 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Shao Xing Cooking Wine
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Sesame Oil
15 drops Red Food Coloring
1. Marinate pork tenderloins with all ingredients overnight.
2. Heat non-stick wok or pot (with a thick base) on high heat.
3. Once hot, lower heat to medium or medium/low. Place marinated pork tenderloins in wok/pot and let it cook, covered. Set remaining marinate aside.
4. Turn meat occasionally, once every 7 to 10 min, basting it with marinate.
5. Cook for about 30 min or until internal meat temperature of 165 to 170 degrees.
6. Transfer the remaining marinate into a small sauce pot and cook till gravy bubbles and thickens.
7. Slice pork and serve with gravy and rice, if desired.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.