Cloud Eggs made up of fluffy egg whites and runny egg yolks that is quick and easy for a rich and satisfying meal!
Cloud Eggs have been one of the latest food trends that have been flooding social media. Cloud Eggs are basically prepared by puffing up the egg whites to a marshmallow-like texture, like clouds. You can add in additional ingredients like in this recipe, scallions and bacon. Other options include parmesan cheese, chives, ham etc.
I made this super quick and easy breakfast for my family and the kids loved them. They do not usually like runny egg yolks but in this case, the fluffy egg whites soaked up the egg yolks like gravy and they did not mind that at all. Most recipes would caution you from over baking to prevent the eggs from browning too much. But it is our personal preference to have it a little browned. Do watch it as it bakes if you prefer a lighter color "cloud".
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
1/4 cup Chopped Scallions
1/3 cup Chopped Bacon (cooked)
Pinch of Salt
Dash of Pepper
1. Separate egg whites into a chilled bowl and set the egg yolks aside, individually.
2. Whisk egg whites until a firm peak is formed.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in chopped scallions and bacon.
5. Fold in gently.
6. Place egg white mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Form two "clouds" and create an indent in each one.
7. Bake at 450 degrees F for 3 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and add egg yolks into the indents. Bake for another 3 minutes.
9. Serve warm.
Makes 2 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.