Garlic Chicken Satays with Basil Purée that are so yummy and easy to prepare for your next party.
Grilled Garlic Chicken Satays with Basil Purée, skewered food that is always so enticing. Satays are basically seasoned skewered meat, originating from Indonesia. They are also an extremely popular hawker dish in Singapore. Just a couple of months ago, I posted a "Beef Satay" recipe.
For these satays, I used chicken tenders and drizzled a basil purée on top as a garnish. With such great ease of preparations and handling, they make excellent party bites.
Garlic Chicken Satays with Basil Purée
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from "Simply Ming in Your Kitchen"
2 lbs Chicken Tenders (sliced into halves, lengthwise)
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 cloves Garlic (for puree)
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
Freshly Ground Pepper
2/3 oz Basil Leaves
1/4 cup Olive Oil
24 6 to 8 inch wooden skewers (soaked in water)
1. Marinate chicken tenders with minced garlic, soy sauce and vegetable oil for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Remove chicken tenders from marinade and thread a skewer straight through each strip.
3. Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Bring a pot of salt water to boil and blanch basil leaves for 30 seconds, until the leaves turn bright green. Drain the basil leaves and dunk them into the iced water. Once its cooled, remove from iced water and squeeze out excess water.
4. In a food processor, blend the basil leaves and garlic while drizzling in the olive oil. Add 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Grease a baking tray and place chicken satays on the tray.
6. Broil on medium on the middle rack for 6 min. Flip satays over and return to the middle rack, broil for 4 min. Flip the satays over once more, place tray on top rack and broil for 3 min or until the chicken is slightly charred or browned.
9. Drizzle with basil purée and serve.
Makes 24 Skewers
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.