Glamorous Fairy Cake. The beauty of these little cakes is in their simplicity - just a dollop of cream and a single raspberry turns a basic fairy cake into a chic little delicacy.
Glamorous Fairy Cakes - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I made these simple little cakes and added a dollop of cream and some berries, turning a basic fairy cake into a chic little delicacy! The colors are perfect for a Christmas afternoon tea or desserts.
Glamorous Fairy Cakes
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from "101 Teatime Treats" cookbook
5 oz Butter (very well softened)
5 oz Golden Caster Sugar
4 oz Self-Raising Flour
1 oz Cornflour
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
3 tbsp Icing Sugar (divided)
1 cup Raspberries
1 cup Blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F and arrange paper cups into cupcake or muffin trays.
2. Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Add eggs, flour, cornflour and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture among the paper cups so that they are half filled. Bake for 12 to 15 min or until they have risen and are golden.
5. Whip cream with 2 tbsp of icing sugar until it forms a peak.
6. Cool cakes on a wire rack before decorating.
7. Once cooled, top each cake with a tablespoon of cream, a raspberry or blackberry and a mint leaf. Dust with icing sugar.
Makes 24 Cupcakes
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.