Radish Cake, a popular and traditional Dim Sum dish that may be served steamed or fried! One recipe with two serving options.
Radish Cake is one of the popular Dim Sum dishes and our favorite as well. Dim Sum - a style of Chinese cuisine, most commonly Cantonese, prepared as small bite size portions served on little bamboo steamer baskets or on small plates. I consider Dim Sum to be a great brunch alternative. Traditional Dim Sum often include a variety of buns, dumplings, little tarts & cakes (sweet & savory) and petite portions of meat and vegetable dishes. I've always enjoyed a Dim Sum brunch because of the variety of dishes that I'd get to eat.
Radish Cake is made with radish or daikon and often pan-fried till crispy and crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside before serving. You may consume it without frying and it will just be soft overall. We like it fried and often have it for breakfast.
by Miss Crumbs-A-Lot
250 g Rice Flour
300 g Radish or Daikon (shredded)
650 - 750 ml Water (depending on how dense you'd like your cake to be)
4 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (soaked and thinly sliced)
1/8 cup Dried Shrimps (rinsed and finely chopped)
2 Chinese Sausages (finely diced)
1 tbsp Oil
2 tsp Salt
1. Heat oil and stir fry dried shrimps till fragrant. Add Chinese sausages and fry for 1 to 2 min.
2. Add mushrooms and radish and mix well. Season with salt. Remove from heat
3. Mix flour and water in a large bowl.
4. Add radish mix into flour water mix. Stir well.
5. Transfer the mixture into an 8 inch square pan.
6. Steam cook for 1 hour or until firm.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool and set. Refrigerate it for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
8. Cut radish cake into slices and pan fry before serving.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.