Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken, a delectable recipe that is quick and simple to prepare. A perfect wholesome meal for a busy week night.
Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken is a great recipe for your busy week nights. Simply prepare the ingredients and allow the slow cooker to do its job. At the end of the day, you will have a delicious and wholesome meal waiting for you.
A couple of weeks ago, Kian was in Singapore for work. While he was away, preparing dinners at home can be a little bit of a challenge. Especially if we have after school activities and both Bella and Jamie are requesting for my attention, all while I am rushing to get dinner ready before we head out for Bella's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class. And I always want my kids to be able to have a hot meal soon after we get home from after school activities. They will be starving and will have no patience to wait for me cook them a meal. It is like having Chef Ramsay yelling at you on Masterchef, "You have 5 minutes left on the clock! Why isn't the food on the plate yet!?"
So, I broke out the busy mom's best friend, the slow cooker. With some time management and planning, dinner preparation can really be a breeze. With this Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken recipe, all I needed was 15 to 20 minutes of preparation work. Right before I head out to pick Jamie up from preschool, I prepared the ingredients and set the Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken to cook and had rice on a timer in my trusty little electric rice cooker.
Shortly after we got home, Bella alighted from her school bus and I was able to give my full attention to the both of them because dinner was already cooking and will be ready in a couple of hours. This works great for my family and out schedule and I hope this easy to prepare recipe can help with your busy week nights too.
Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
3 lbs Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Light Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
1 Onion (chopped)
4 tsp Cornstarch
6 tsp Water
Steamed Cooked Broccoli Florets
1. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup light soy sauce, 1/4 cup oyster sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tbsp minced ginger and 1 chopped onion. Mix well and set aside.
2. Place chicken breast in the slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over the meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove chicken pieces and cut them into bite size chunks or shred them, whichever way you prefer, then set them aside.
4. Pour sauce into a pot and turn heat on to medium. Mix 4 tsp of cornstarch and 6 tsp water. Once the sauce is boiling, stir in cornstarch mixture and allow it to thicken.
5. Serve chicken and steamed broccoli over white rice, drizzle sauce over and garnish with sesame seeds.
Serves 4 to 6
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.