Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken, a wonderful quick and easy recipe that is perfect with rice or pasta, or just on its own.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken is a wonderful recipe that you can just prepare in your slow cooker and then just forget about it. In a matter of a couple of hours, you'll have an extremely flavorful chicken dish that will be great over rice or pasta.
My little brother is currently visiting from Singapore and we've been hanging out, going to the gym together and both Bella & Jamie are absolutely thrilled to have their uncle around. I had been looking forward to his visit and to cooking meals for him too. Last week, I made Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken for dinner and he loved it. I make this dish pretty often and my family never gets tired of it. We usually have it with rice but this time, I paired it with spaghetti. The flavorful lemon garlic sauce was so tasty and went so well with the spaghetti. It reminded me of Vongole Pasta.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from All Recipes
3 to 4 lbs Chicken Thighs (with skin and bone) (approx. 6 to 8 pcs)
2 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
4 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Water
5 tbsp Lemon Juice
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro (divided)
1. Mix 2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder in a small bowl. Rub the mixture onto the chicken pieces and set aside.
2. Mix 1/2 cup water, 5 tbsp lemon juice, 5 cloves chopped garlic and 2 tsp chicken bouillon in another bowl and set aside for later use.
3. In a wok or cast iron pot/pan, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat. Brown the chicken pieces in the melted butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Place the browned chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
4. Add the liquid mixture that was set aside earlier to the remaining butter in the wok or cast iron pot/pan and bring it to a boil. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker over the chicken pieces.
5. Cook on low for 5 hours, adding in 1/2 the portion of chopped cilantro at the last 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Serve chicken pieces over rice or pasta with the sauce and garnish with more chopped cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.