Spaghetti Bolognese, a recipe with very simple ingredients that creates a really tasty family meal.
Recently, Kian's youngest sister Elena (or Ellie, as we fondly know her as), had confirmed her wedding date with her long time fiancé, Federico. They are both actors living out in New York and Federico is Italian. We have had the pleasure of having them spend a couple of holidays with us in our home over the last few years. Federico is also very passionate about cooking and was very generous in sharing his grandmother's recipes with me. I can definitely see a Singaporean and Italian cuisine collaboration in the future. *grin*
One of our all time favorite recipe that he taught me is "Spaghetti Bolognese". Bella and Jamie absolutely love this dish and would often clean out their bowls. It is a simple recipe with very basic ingredients and I often make a large batch (by doubling the recipe portion) whenever we plan to have it for dinner. They can been refrigerated or frozen in individual serving portions. Perfect for those busy week nights when you need to have dinner prepared quickly. Buon Apetito!
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
1 lb Minced Beef (20% fat, 80% lean)
3 stalks of Celery
1/2 Large Onion
5 cloves Garlic
1 28 oz Can Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup White Wine or White Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Spaghetti or Choice of Pasta
Freshly Chopped Basil
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a food processor, mince the carrots, celery, onion and garlic (seperately)
2. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pot and stir fry the minced onion and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add minced carrots and celery and continue stir frying for a few minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add white wine into the vegetables and mix well.
5. Add the minced beef and stir fry until meat is cooked, breaking up the minced meat.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Allow it to simmer for 20 min.
7. Toss in spaghetti or choice of pasta with chopped basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 Servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.