Spinach Egg Drop Soup, a light, healthy and comforting bowl of wholesome goodness that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
Spinach Egg Drop Soup, a light and simple vegetable broth bowl that is healthy and still wholesome and comforting. It is so quick and easy to make. Literally within minutes, you will have yourself a piping hot bowl of nutritious goodness.
I make this Spinach Egg Drop Soup for dinner very often as my kids absolutely enjoy it with rice. They'd even eat the spinach! And sometimes, I'd add in chicken, mushroom, tofu and make it into a one dish meal.
Spinach Egg Drop Soup
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
9 oz Spinach
8 cups Water
5 tsp Chicken Bouillon
1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 tsp Fish Sauce
4 Eggs (beaten)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spring Onions for garnishing
1. Add chicken bouillon to water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add in spinach and allow it to cook slightly.
3. Reduce heat to medium low. While stirring the pot gently, drizzle in the beaten egg slowly, letting the swirl of the broth form thin strands of egg.
4. Season with sesame oil, fish sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving.
Makes 4 servings
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.