Steamed Pork Patty Rice, a quick and easy one dish meal, that is perfect for lunches or week night dinners.
Steamed Pork Patty Rice is one of my favorite recipes that is so simple to prepare with just a few ingredients. Marinated ground pork that is shaped into patties are placed on top of cooked rice in a bowl and then steamed cooked. The amazing flavors from the steamed pork patty is then infused into the rice beneath it.
I made it for dinner one week night and my kids absolutely loved it! While the pork patties were being steamed cooked with the rice, the aroma that filled the kitchen was simply amazing.
Steamed Pork Patty Rice
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
2 lbs Ground Pork
1 1/2 oz Ginger
10 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine (I used Shao Xing Cooking Wine, which is easily available at the Asian supermarkets)
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1/4 cup Salted Fish (finely diced)
2 cups Cooked Plain Rice
1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
1. In a food processor, mince ginger and garlic.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, minced ginger & garlic, light soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil and a white pepper powder. Mix well.
3. Divide the marinated ground meat into 4 entrée portions or 8 small side portions. Shape each portion into a round and flat patty.
4. Spoon rice into bowls and place the patties on top of the rice.
5. Sprinkle salted fish on top and steam cook for 20 min or until the pork patties are cooked through.
6. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Makes 4 entrée portions or 8 small side portions
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.