Strawberry Mummies and Ghosts, a fun and easy sweet treat to make with your family and friends.
Strawberry Mummies and Ghosts, or Straw-boo-ries! A fun and easy sweet treat that you can get your family, especially the kids involved with.
We are a week from Halloween Day and I have always felt that it is the kick start to all the holidays that follow. Fall is my favorite season of the year, it is such a festive time with Thanksgiving and Christmas not too far away. The only thing that is missing here in Houston is the consistent "real" Fall weather.
This year, one of the fun Halloween activities that I did with Bella and Jamie was to make these Strawberry Mummies and Ghosts. They are so easy to make and Bella had fun decorating them. And Jamie was hands down, the most excellent taste tester!
I used Wilton Candy Melts as the dip and got some eyeball candy and mini chocolate morsels to decorate them. All items can be found in the baking aisle of your supermarket. This is not a sponsored post. I am just sharing with you the exact brands and products that I used.
* This is NOT a sponsored post*
Strawberry Mummies and Ghosts
By Miss Crumbs A Lot
1 lb Strawberries (rinsed and dried very well)
12 oz Wilton Candy Melts (Bright White)
1 Pkt Wilton Eyeball Candy
1/4 cup Chocolate Mini Morsels (I used Nestle Tollhouse)
Piping Bag or Ziploc Bags
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place candy melts in a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler (over a pot of hot water) on low heat. Stir constantly until it is smooth and melted. Do not allow water to boil.
3. Scoop out 5 tbsp of the candy melt and put it in a piping bag or ziploc bag for later use.
4. Dip strawberries into remaining melted candy and place it on the parchment paper lined baking tray. You may wish to allow the melted candy to drip onto the tray for the ghosts (to resemble the tail).
5. Place candy eyeballs on for the mummies and chocolate mini morsels for the ghosts.
6. Snip off the tip of the melted candy filled piping bag or ziploc bag and pipe the candy over the dipped strawberries to resemble mummy wraps.
7. Allow it to set for 30 minutes. They are best consumed on the day they are made.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.