Sweet Potato Cupcakes that are super easy and delicious, great during the holiday season, or quite frankly, anytime!
Sweet Potato Cupcakes, a scrumptious and easy recipe that is so apt for Thanksgiving! This week, Jamie's preschool had their annual Thanksgiving dinner for the students & teachers and their families. There was the traditional Thanksgiving feast and each family signed up to bring a dish.
We made these Sweet Potato Cupcakes is so quick and simple. I am so amazed at how versatile this root vegetable is, from side dishes to delicious desserts. And not mention how much vitamin this sensational sweet spud packs!
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
by Miss Crumbs A Lot, adapted from "Better Homes and Gardens"
Ingredients - Cupcakes
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 17.2 oz can Sweet Potatoes (mashed)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
Ingredients - Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese (softened)
2/3 cup butter (softened)
2 tbsp Milk
8 cups Powdered Sugar
Orange Sprinkles or Sugar
1. Beat cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl for about 30 sec.
2. Add milk and mix well.
3. Beat in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until it is smooth and of good piping consistency. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper bake ups and set aside.
5. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
6. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy.
7. Add eggs, one and a time and continue beating until combined.
8. Add sweet potatoes and vanilla essence, continue beating until combined.
9. Add flour mixture and continue beating until combined. At this point, the batter will be thick.
10. Divide the batter evenly among the lined muffin cups.
11. Bake for 20 min or until cooked. Test by inserting a skewer into the cake, if it comes out clean and without any batter, it is ready.
12. Cool cupcakes before frosting and decorating with sprinkles.
Makes 24 to 32 cupcakes (depending on size)
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.