Taco Seasoned Beef Lettuce Wraps, where Asian and Tex-Mex cuisines collide to form a lovely explosion of immense flavors and textures.
Taco Seasoned Beef Lettuce Wraps is a super quick and easy recipe that is a frequent dish on our dinner table. Inspired by one of my previous recipes, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, I've taken the bold flavors of the basic minced beef taco and replaced the tortillas with lettuce cups for a low carb meal. This recipe packs in so much flavor in a pretty and healthy arrangement that it would certainly make an excellent appetizer for a party or as a main dish for when you have guests over.
Taco Seasoned Beef Lettuce Wraps
by Miss Crumbs A Lot
2 lbs Ground Beef (85% lean, 15% fat)
1 Medium Yellow Onion (finely diced)
5 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder (1 tbsp for spicier version)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (1 tsp for spicier version)
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
3 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder (1 tsp for spicier version)
1. Place all taco seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. In a pot (I used a cast iron pot), heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and chopped garlic. Stir fry until it is fragrant and the onions are translucent.
3. Add in ground beef and stir fry, breaking up the meat.
4. Once meat is almost cooked, add taco seasoning and continue stir frying until meat is cooked through.
5. Serve with butter lettuce and garnish with cilantro.
Serves 4 (entree size)
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.