Turkey Pot Pie, a hearty and wholesome recipe - a great way to utilize your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Turkey Pot Pie, an annual post Thanksgiving brunch or lunch meal for our family. It was a great Thanksgiving weekend for us. We had successfully roasted a whole turkey by ourselves and it turned out pretty good. With the leftovers, it is a tradition for us to make Turkey Pot Pies over the weekend for lunch. The kids love it and even requested to have them again the next day! It is a really simple recipe, using the leftovers you had from your Thanksgiving dinner or with meat that you have in your refrigerator - chicken, ham etc. Another great way to eat down your refrigerator and pantry.
Turkey Pot Pie
by Miss Crumbs-A-Lot
5 cups Turkey Meat (shredded or cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
3 cups Mushrooms (quartered)
1 1/2 cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 cup Celery (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
4 cups Turkey Gravy or Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
Pillsbury Pie Crust
1. Heat oil in pot and gently fry garlic till fragrant.
2. Add turkey meat, mushrooms and celery, continue cooking till mushrooms & celery are slightly softened.
3. Add mixed vegetables and gravy or condensed soup and mix well. Bring to a boil.
4. Season with black pepper powder and parsley flakes. (Bear in mind if you used leftover turkey, the meat has been seasoned already so salt may not be necessary. And because our turkey was herb roasted, I did not add any more herbs. If using unseasoned meat, feel free to add fresh or dried herbs.)
5. Spoon pie mixture into ramekin dish and top with pie crust (cut to size of your ramekin dish). Cut a couple of slits for venting.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 min.
A Singaporean SAHM living in Houston, Texas. Discovering her potential in the kitchen with authentic Singaporean Cuisine. And exploring the dynamic food scene Houston has to offer.
Miss Crumbs A Lot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
For more details, please read my Disclosure Policy.